If Tiburon county is your favorite spot to walk your furry friend down by the water continue reading for some important information!
Starting tomorrow, Friday the 19, new dog walking regulations will be enacted in Tiburon. Leashes are already required for the waterfront bike path, McKegney Green, South Knoll Park and Playground, Zelinsky Park, downtown and all other commercial areas. The main difference, now, is the new restriction placed on the number of dogs allowed to be walked at a time. Talk about killing the neighborhood kids’ entrepreneurial spirit. Under the new provisions the Middle Ridge open space area and another area near Ring Mountain will see a limit of six dogs per person. No more than three dogs may be off leash at one time. Dogs off leash must stay within 20 feet of the dog walker and must return promptly when called. Dog walkers must get a $150 permit, wear a numbered vest and carry a copy of the permit and a copy of their dog obedience class certificate. Dog-walking hours would be restricted to 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. every day. Clearly this new law is not aimed at families walking their multiple dogs at a time, but it does put an added damper on flexibility as far as exercising your pooch off leash. Below is a comprehensive list of dog regulations throughout Marin. It looks like San Anselmo is the place to be for doggy friendliness!
1. Belvedere, Novato, county: Dogs must be under voice or other control at all times and may not run free on public streets, parks and school grounds or on private property without owner’s permission.
2. Corte Madera: Dogs must be on a leash if off owner’s property. No dogs in any park.
3. Fairfax, Larkspur, Mill Valley, San Rafael, Sausalito: Dogs must be on a leash if off owner’s property, including in parks and on paths.
4. Ross: Dogs may be off leash around town, but on a leash in parks and on paths.
5. San Anselmo: Dogs must be under voice control at all times and on leash in parks and on paths. No dogs are allowed in Central Park, but off-leash pets are allowed in Red Hill Park.
Check back in to MarinRealEstate.net for important news and information around Marin!